2020 YOUTH CHALLENGE PROVINCIAL FINALS
LAKESIDE BOWLING CENTRE, SALMON ARM
BLACK DIAMOND BOWL & BILLIARDS, PRINCE GEORGE
NOVEMBER 07, 2020
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Open to all bowlers who are twelve (12) years of age and not yet nineteen (19) years of age as of December 31, 2020.
2. The entry deadline shall be November 5, 2020. Late entries may be accepted provided space is available at the discretion of the Tournament Chair.
3. Entry fee is $55.00. (Includes BC 5 Pin membership card fee)
4. Cheque or money order should be made payable to the B.C. 5 Pin Bowlers' Association.
5. Canadian 5 Pin Bowlers’ Association rules and regulations shall apply in all rounds.
6. Personal bowling balls may be used.
7. In case of any disputes, the decision of the BC 5 Pin Bowlers’ Association Tournament Committee (for the Provincial finals) and the Canadian 5 Pin Bowlers’ Association Tournament Committee (for the National finals) shall be final.
8. Dress Code: All bowlers participating in the BC 5 Pin Bowlers Association Youth Challenge Provincial Championships will be required to wear: Female either black dress pants, dress shorts, skirt, skort, capris or yoga pants (no fluorescent colours, leggings, stirrups or denim of any kind).
No draw strings or elastic at the hem of any kind. No studs, buttons or pockets on the legs. Male bowlers will either wear black dress pants or dress shorts that do not have studs, buttons or pockets on the legs. All participants will be required to either wear the YBC bowling shirt that represents their bowling center, Youth Challenge national team shirt or a golf shirt. While the tournament is in progress no hats or caps will be allowed unless worn for religious or medical reasons. This is to protect the integrity, atmosphere, and attitude of the sport of 5 pin bowling.
Failure to adhere to the dress code will result in the bowler not being allowed to participate in the tournament.
9. The Provincial Championships shall be bowled on November 07, 2020 at Lakeside Bowling Centre, Salmon Arm and Black Diamond Bowl & Billiards, Prince George starting at 1:00 pm.
10. The Provincial Championships shall consist of eight (8) games.
11. Lineage at the Provincial Championship will be paid by the BC 5 Pin Bowlers’ Association.
12. It is the responsibility of each individual to get to the Provincial Championships.
13. A lane draw will be pre-drawn from the entries received for the Provincial Championship.
14. The top three (3) men and top three (3) ladies, based on scratch total pinfall, at the Provincial Championships will make up the Provincial Team to advance to the National Championships.
15. Top Scratch male and female will win $250.00 scholarship.
16. Top Pins Over Average male and female will win $100.00 scholarship.
17. A bowler may only win one scholarship/award in the Provincial Championships.
18. Any bowlers that place in the top 3 Scratch side cannot place on the Pins Over Average side, but are eligible to win the scholarships.
19. For the National Championships, each bowler and coach advancing to the National finals will be assessed $250.00 towards the cost to go to the National Championships.